Areas of Practice:
• Financial & Regulatory Crime
"Her client care is second to none, and she has a work ethic to match." The Legal 500 2020
"Tara is hardworking and advises swiftly. She is sensitive to the needs of victims and demonstrates an empathetic and genuinely caring approach. She is tenacious and does not give up, even when faced with complex issues. She has a no nonsense approach to her advocacy and presents arguments in a clear and direct way." The Legal 500 2024
She has been instructed as a junior in a number of high-profile murder cases:
• Restaurant stabbing (Oxford Crown Court 2002)
• Domestic violence (Oxford Crown Court 2002)
• Insulin overdose (Central Criminal Court 2005)
• Strangulation (Central Criminal Court 2006)
• Stabbing (St Albans Crown Court 2006)
Tara is on the Crown Prosecution Service rape list and has been instructed to both prosecute and defend in numerous rape and sexual abuse cases. These have included:
• Gang rape (as junior at Wood Green Crown Court 2007)
• Historic rape allegations (Norwich Crown Court 2006, Woolwich Crown Court 2007)
• Incest and sex with animals (Snaresbrook Crown Court 2007)
• Child pornography (Sanresbrook Crown Court 2007)
• Child cruelty (Wood Green Crown Court 2006, Snaresbrook Crown Court (2008))
• Tara is also regularly instructed to both prosecute and defend in large-scale drug cases. These have been proactive investigations which have included complex disclosure issues. These have included several cases of conspiracy to supply class A drugs across the South Eastern Circuit (Aylesbury Crown Court 2003/2004, Reading Crown Court 2005, Snaresbrook Crown Court 2008).
She has also been involved in significant confiscation proceedings.
Additional instructions have included a number of large-scale conspiracies and organised crime cases (involving robberies, high-value thefts and handling stolen goods), perjury (Nottingham Crown Court 2007) and violent assaults involving juveniles.
• Criminal Bar Association
• South Eastern Circuit
• Association of Women Barristers
• North London Bar Mess